Sunday, November 30, 2008

Thanksgiving Weekend

Just a couple of random cute pics before you read about Thanksgiving :)






































What a perfect weekend. We did everything we had hoped to do, and more.

On Thursday morning, I began the day running in a 5K Turkey Trot in Ballard. We raised some funds for the Ballard Food Bank AND I got in a workout before gorging myself. After that, we went home to cook some dishes for our Thanksgiving feast. Noah and I (Elana was napping) listened to music, cooked, and caught up with each other (since we haven't
seen much of each other these days). It was great. We went to Lori and Jenik's house in West Seattle for our dinner. There was way too much food, but somehow i managed to get a little bite of every dish! I made a Mushroom and Farrow Pie and Brussel Sprouts and Noah made Cranberry Sauce. Elana loved her first Thankgiving.





















































On Friday I got to go to the movies and see the new Bond Flick and eat Mexican Tortas while Noah hung out with Elana. Luckily, she was napping for most of the time while I was out, so I didn't miss out on too much fun. At 5pm, we had a spontaneous neighborhood happy hour with Tom, Erin, and Maya. Some other neighbor's of ours, Becca and Sam, also stopped by to have a few beers. After they left and Elana was snoozing, Noah and I played some scrabble and drank red wine. What a perfect way to end the day.

Saturday was also really fun. We hung around the house all morning (Elana usually naps from 9:30-12:00) before taking off to the Seattle Center. We were heading to the Children's Museum when we happened upon the annual Winterfest, which just started this weekend. Elana's whole body started to convulse with joy when she saw the carousel, so we HAD to go. I am not sure if she exactly enjoyed it, but she was certainly mesmerized!


































After the ride, we checked out the ice skaters. Maybe next year we will try that too :)















The Children's Museum was really fun too. Elana got to climb and crawl around the part of the museum that is reserved for children between the ages of 0-3. We got a membership, so we will surely be going back soon.












































Later that evening, we met Danielle and Stewart for dinner at our favorite Chinese Restaurant, Chiang's Gourmet. It was great to see them.

Today we had some of Elana's boyfriends over for some playtime. The babies got to hang out (and crawl all over each other) while the parents caught up and ate some excellent chili that Noah made. Here are some attempts at a group shot:

take 1 (everyone is a little nervous, but okay)














take 2 (now we are starting to get upset!)














Soothing the baby after she got pushed around by the boys one too many times ;)




















Back to school tomorrow for three more weeks before the Holiday Break. I can hardly wait!!!

1 comment:

Becca said...

yeyyy! so glad to get a glimpse into your Thanksgiving weekend! Glad it was perfect :) Can't believe how big she is getting...even just compared to a couple months ago!