Sunday, July 5, 2009

Camping Experiment

As of the middle of last week, I did not have any plans for Elana and I for the Fourth, which is why i accepted an invitation from Jennifer and JP to join them on a camping trip. At first, I was like "No way--too much work without Noah!". But as the weekend approached, I decided it would be nice to get away from the fireworks and the city for one night. I packed up the car on Saturday morning and we were in the woods by noon. Elana loved walking through the campground (and inevitably into other peoples' sites). After lunch, we joined the Brastads for a hike to a rock slide where Elana waded and JP tried the slide. It felt good to be in the cold river water in the 85 degree heat! Getting Elana to bed was the most difficult part. Just when I was about to cave in and just go to sleep with her, I decided to go to the bathroom and Jen hung out with her while I did so. When I got back, Elana was asleep! Thanks Mama Jen and JP for including us in your vacation!

Here is Elana getting cozy in our new house:


Elana and Jonas hard at work digging up the campsite:


On our way to the rock slide, we passed under I-90, which was a very strange sight:



Elana cracking up while eating a mushy banana:


There goes JP!




Breakfast!!

No comments: