Saturday, January 3, 2009

Back from CT

Our flight home was a smashing success. Thanks to everyone who had excellent advice. I was so full of anxiety about getting on the plane yesterday that I was barely able to sleep the night before. The trip got off to a bad start after we boarded the plane in Hartford. The pilot got on the speaker and announced that the Newark Airport was experiencing a "ground stop", which means no planes were taking off or arriving for at least an hour. After we sat in the plane for about 90 minutes, we finally took off. That was plenty of time for me to get even more anxious about our 6+ hour flight from Newark to SeaTac. I don't know if it was the baby Motrin we gave Elana BEFORE we took off, or the teething tablets, or WHAT, but she was amazing. She stayed in her car seat for majority of the flight, slept for almost half of the 6 hours, and was a smiley pants when we got to Seattle. We were both so relieved we could barely see straight. I am so glad we don't have to get on another plane for a while . . .

We really had a wonderful time at the Webbers in CT. Because of the rough trip out there, we weren't as bold with our plans. I didn't want to be stuck in the car with her super upset on a long road or train trip anywhere, so we pretty much stuck close to home. Grammy threw an open house for all of our family and friends to meet her, and Elana was a champ. Here are some of the highlights:

Elana's first trip to the Aquarium in Mystic, CT




Visiting with Erin, Luke, and Maeve Harrison



Helping Grammy in the Kitchen




Elana's first taste of pizza (which she LOVED!!!)




Hanging with Grammy, Big Poppy, Uncle Lorin, and Aunt Ali






Playing the piano for the first time - Check out this video.



This picture is of Elana in a high chair that my Grandfather (whom I never met) made for my Mom and her brothers. My cousins and I used it too, and now Elana is the third generation to use it.



A Webber/Polio family portrait:

1 comment:

Holly said...

So glad your trip back was a success!! whew!