Tuesday, January 20, 2009

Sleep Problems


Well, after 11 months of having a baby who sleeps like a champ, Elana now has a new evening routine. Bathtime, stories, a bottle, then WAHHHHHHHHHH!!!! I was sure that we had passed any stage that this might start happening, but after many conferences with parents of babies and toddlers, I soon realized that I had been misleading myself for some time. Oh well. Among the many things I have learned, fluidity and flexibility are on the list! If Elana is going to cry every time we put her in her crib, we will work it out. As difficult as this is, I know she isn't going to suffer any long-term damage.

Anyway, we drove down to Portland for a a short getaway this past weekend, and it was more stress than was really worth it. The biggest reasons were that Elana had diarrea AND got her first cold on Sunday. We got her to sleep in her pack-n-play by 8:30, but by 11:30 she was up and screaming. The only way we could soothe her was to give her a warm bath and bring her to bed with us (in the king-size tempurpedic mattress!!!). She didn't sleep that great, so of course i didn't either, but I woke up at 2 in the morning to find her sleeping horizontally while Noah and I were pushed to the edges of this massive bed. It was so darn cute I almost grabbed my camera.

Here is a cute pic of Elana trying on some sunglasses at Hannah Anderson:

2 comments:

Andrea said...

Babies change. Routines change. Nap times change. Bedtimes change.

Becca said...

what a beauuuutiful jacket!!!! :)