Monday, February 2, 2009

She's growing every day


It is amazing how fast this girl is learning new things. It blows my mind. Every day is an adventure. Today's trick was getting her to copy my facial or head movements. If I shook my head "no" or "yes", she did the same. If I made a kissing sound or anything interesting with my lips, she tried that too. It almost seems like she is starving for new knowledge and gobbles it up whenever possible. She is definitely getting more daring with her physical skills too--pulling herself up, trying to maneuver on her feet while holding onto the couch, etc. I think it is time to upgrade to some shoes with better support!

As far as the sleep is going, it is still up and down. Some nights are great and others, not-so. We just can't tell. For instance, tonight we had a nice, long bath and she was super relaxed and showing signs of being quite tired by the time I put her down. However, after 10 minutes of talking like she usually does, instead of falling asleep she started to scream bloody murder. In fact, Noah just went in there again to soothe her. I hope this doesn't go into the wee hours of the night . . .

Elana is still enjoying her swimming lessons and hanging with Uncle Aaron every day. She has been spending a lot of time at the Zoo and having play dates with her friend Mariella. Here are some pics from the weekend.

Reading the morning comics before heading out on Sunday:



While visiting her friend Max yesterday, she got the chance to ride his bus:



Max and Elana posing for the camera (kind of):



And finally, after tonight's bath:



What a sweet girl.

No comments: